LAST UPDATED - January 6th, 2017
1. You Agree to These Terms by Using this Site
Your access to, and use of, www.chancers.com
2. Ownership of Content
3. Your Use of the Site
Chancers grants you permission to use the Site as follows:
- This Site contains various Content as stated above in paragraph 2.
- The only Content you may download from this Site is Content made available for downloading, such as screensavers and wallpapers. You may download Content expressly made available for downloading for non-commercial, personal use, and provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Content.
- You must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while using the Site; you may not distribute, modify, copy (except as set forth above), transmit, display, reuse, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise use Content without the express and written permission of Chancers.
- You are prohibited from using the Site to post or transmit any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law (the “Prohibited Material”). Chancers will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or any court order requesting or directing Chancers to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any Prohibited Material. What Chancers considers to be Prohibited Material may or may not be the same as what the general the general public considers to be inappropriate and therefore Chancers reserves the right to decide, in its sole discretion, except for that which is strictly prohibited and defined by law, what is inappropriate and therefore that defines Prohibited Material.
- You are prohibited from using the Site to impersonate any person or entity, including any Site moderator or any representative of Chancers or its Affiliated Entities, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or stating or implying that Chancers endorses any statement you make.
- You are prohibited from using the Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, or otherwise exploiting for any commercial purposes any portion of, use of or access to the Site.
- You are prohibited from using the Site to post or transmit any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that is harmful or invasive or may, or is intended to, damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment of Chancers or any other person, entity or governmental body.
- You are prohibited from using the Site to violate the legal rights of others or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about users of the Site.
- You are prohibited from restricting or inhibiting any other person from use of the Site, and from interfering with or disrupting the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available or violating any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- You are prohibited from modifying, adapting, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any portion of the Site.
4. Software, Services, and User Content
Chancers may, from time to time, provide users of the Site with access to certain specialized content and interactive services through which you are able to display or post information and materials, including but not limited to community forums (such content and services, collectively, the "Services"), and certain software tools that can be used for various purposes, including but not limited to, to view video provided by the Site, to interact with other Site users or to create content (the foregoing software and tools, collectively, the "Software").
With respect to information or materials that you choose to display or post on any interactive services of the Site (the "User Content"), you grant Chancers and the Affiliated Entities a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you: (a) to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), derive, transmit, display and perform, publicly or otherwise, such User Content (including without limitation your voice or likeness as embodied in such User Content), in any media now known or hereafter developed, for Chancers’ and the Affiliated Entities' business purposes, and (b) to sublicense the foregoing rights, through multiple tiers, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. The foregoing licenses shall survive termination of this Agreement for any reason. For each item of User Content, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the licenses granted in this section (including without limitation rights in any musical compositions and/or sound recordings, video clips or graphic images embodied or embedded in any User Content), and that such User Content (as applicable), and your provision or creation thereof through the Site, complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party. You further irrevocably waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each item of User Content that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
Please note that other Site visitors may post messages or make statements in the Services that are inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, or offensive. Chancers and the Affiliated Entities neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information or statements made in any Services by third parties. Without limitation, Chancers and the Affiliated Entities are not responsible for any information or materials made available through the Services (including without limitation errors or omissions in postings or links or images embedded in messages or profiles) or results obtained by using any such information or materials. Under no circumstances will Chancers, the Affiliated Entities, or their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives or affiliates, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information or materials. The opinions expressed in the Services reflect solely the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of Chancers or any of the Affiliated Entities.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IN A SUBMISSION OR IN ANY USER CONTENT, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND CHANCERS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY IN EQUITY OR LAW FOR SUCH DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY.
5. Registration; User Names and Passwords
You may be required to register with Chancers in order to access certain areas of the Site. With regard to any such registration, Chancers may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive solely determined by Chancers, regardless of public opinion or general public acceptance; or that Chancers rejects for any other reason in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site, and you agree not to transfer your password or user name, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party, and if you do so you agree that we may immediately terminate your use of the Site. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your password or user name. You agree to immediately notify Chancers of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you "log off"/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. Chancers is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITE AND ALL SOFTWARE, SERVICES, CONTENT AND USER CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Chancers neither warrants nor represents that your use of the Site, any Software, Services, Content or User Content will not infringe the rights of any third parties nor that any of the foregoing will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Additionally, with reference to any postings, submissions and the like that may be on the Site, Chancers assumes no responsibility or liability arising from any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, contained in any such locations on the Site.
8. Exclusion of Liability
YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SOFTWARE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER CHANCERS, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES, OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, LICENSORS AND REPRESENTATIVES, ARE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE, THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, CONTENT OR USER CONTENT WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, CONTENT OR USER CONTENT, OR UNAUTHORISED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN PARTICULAR, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEITHER CHANCERS NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE, OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT OR USER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE BY CHANCERS OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain damages, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
9. Links to Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to sites owned or operated by parties other than Chancers (the “Third Party Sites”). Such Third Party Sites are provided for your convenience only. Chancers does not control, and is not responsible for, the content or privacy policies on, or the security of, such Third Party Sites. Without limiting the foregoing, Chancers specifically disclaims any responsibility if such Third Party Sites:
- Infringe any third party's intellectual property rights;
- Are inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
- Are not merchantable or fit for a particular purpose;
- Do not provide adequate security;
- Contain viruses or other items of a destructive nature; and/or
- Are libelous or defamatory.
Chancers does not endorse the content, or any products or services available, on Third Party Sites. If you establish a link to such Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk and without actual or apparent permission of or from Chancers.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chancers, the Affiliated Entities and any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors and representatives, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation lawyers' fees) arising out of:
- (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site, the Services or the Software;
- (c) any allegation that any Submission or User Content that you make available or create through the Site, the Services or the Software infringes or otherwise violates the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
12. Revisions to the Terms
All content and services made available through the Site that were not made available as of the "LAST UPDATED" date above shall automatically be deemed to be part of the Services when first made available through the Site. Any software or tools made available through the Site that were not made available as of the "LAST UPDATED" date above shall automatically be deemed to be Software for purposes of this Agreement when first made available through the Site.
13. Revisions to the Site
Chancers reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Site, the Services or the Software, with or without notice; limit the Site’s availability to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction it choose; charge fees in connection with the use of the Site; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Site; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site. You agree that neither Chancers nor any of the Affiliated Entities shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any Service, Software, content, Submission, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
14. Choice of Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
16. Void Where Prohibited.
Although this Site may be accessible worldwide, not all services discussed or referenced in this Site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. Chancers expressly reserves the right to limit the availability of this Site and/or the provision of any service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that it so desires, at any time, and in its sole and exclusive discretion.
© 2017 Chancers Technology B.V. All Rights Reserved.